Thursday, April 3, 2008

April Fools

As a general rule, I am against practical jokes, so we never really do anything around here for April Fool's Day. But this year I wanted to do something fun and memorable for my boys.

I went to Haggen Tuesday evening and bought a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, colored sprinkles, and mini M&Ms. I also bought a pint of Ben & Jerry's Vanilla Heath Bar Crunch ice cream. Then I came home (Justin was here with the kids), threw two frozen pizzas in the oven, served each plate with a piece of cake and a scoop of ice cream, and called the boys to the table. You should have seen their faces when they rounded that last corner! Reese kept asking over and over again whose birthday it was. I told them sternly that they must eat ALL of their cake and ice cream dinner if they expected to get any pizza dessert!

(Cole looked at me dumbfounded and said, "But Mom, that's not even going to be hard!" Leave it to him to take the whole thing seriously!)

What fun things did you do for April Fool's Day? Did you start any annual family traditions? I know that around here, we'll all look forward to April next year with a lot more excitement!

4 comments:

  1. I love that idea, how fun and memorable too! How are you going to top that next year?! You've got me thinking now about next year....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How hilarious!! We did nothing :(
    I will try to remember this for next year though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, my boys REALLY wanted to do something great for April Fools, but I'm just not creative that way and let them come up with their own ideas. So... they put pretend poop in Zach's underwear drawer and called the grandparents to make pretend fart noises over the phone and said, "Excuse me! April Fools! Hahaha" I'm going to try very hard to remember your idea for next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tell Stash every year I'm pregnant. He doesn't laugh. Maybe next year it'll be true...let's see who laughs then :)

    ReplyDelete