Sunday, August 3, 2008

O Happy Day!

...to free myself of the tangle of little boys that have found their way to my bed in the middle of the night, and stumble out into bright daylight at 7am to release the chickens from their coop, and turn around blurry-eyed to see my husband standing in the yard, smiling, with two steaming cups of Starbucks coffee! I'm not sure life could have been much more blissful in that moment.

How I love a good early-morning surprise.

We are all so thankful to have Justin back home, where he belongs. I'm still feeling perplexed that the things I manage just fine during the week are the same things that I am completely incompetent with on the weekends. Dishes, meal planning, picking up, washing clothes...the list goes on. But we made it and we're here--fatigued, yes, but happy and healthy, and finally all together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment