Friday, September 10, 2010

The Most Important Thing About Motherhood

Daddy: "...and thank you for Mama, and for all the hard work she does for us, and we ask that you give her extra blessings and rest. Amen."
Reese: "Mama, you are the best mama ever."
Mama: "Thank you Reese."
Cole: "Well I think you are the BEEEST mom."
Mama: "Thank you Cole. That's sweet."
Cole: "I think that you probably are the woman that has been the nicest to me."
Mama: "Thank you, Cole."
Cole: "And you always will be the best mom to me. Even if you die and Dad marries somebody else."
Mama: "Oh, uh-huh."
Cole: "And even if she has way more surprises, and makes school way more fun, I will still think that you are the best, and nicest, mom."
Mama: "Hmm."

So there you have it, folks. For anyone that has been wondering: Apparently "niceness" wins out over surprises, and fun in school, and death. At least in this house.

1 comment:

  1. That is really, really good to know. I'm not winning on niceness today...but maybe tomorrow. Love the new blog, first time over here!

    ReplyDelete